The first time

 It felt like the first time

Walking through those doors

And I was surrounded by familiar things

Yet the memory was not even close.


The flashbacks of those moments

Storming in my mind 

But it wasn’t the same as before

Because I was the one lacking behind.


The smell, the touch, the feeling remained constant

As if calling my name, pushing me forward

But I was frozen because everything

Was a reminder of the past, and I was a coward.


Yet, I believed that time would change

A concept that I kept safe in the heart

And I was ready to face the new story

That I’m sure these walls kept carved


I slowly walk through the structure that stands

And keep subject of the things I find

And all those which didn’t remain

Were somethings I also missed the first time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miles

Swollen red

My Dad.