A blank page

 Wrote a book about us

It seemed well versed,

A fairytale to tell my kids

It was all unrehearsed.


I let my pen flow through 

And my mind began to race,

Took me to places

Where I saw a child in your face.


You'd prance around holding my hand

And kiss it any chance you got,

Then yours began to shake 

Because of the nervousness it brought.


Your smiles, your frowns

Were visible in my script,

And as my pages filled 

I felt a rush of fits.


Cause I stayed up for nights

As my fingers went numb,

But the stories had no end

And I still had more fingers and thumbs.


I reached where I was too scared to go on

And left a blank page, just to be fair,

For I knew the beginning and the end

And yet, I still seemed to dare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miles

Swollen red

My Dad.